What’s up world! Wow, our first week of 2018 over just like that! Now that were officially starting the new year I figured what better way to start off than by declaring my yearly goals. I know this has been quite the trend in the blogging world right now, and it seems everyone is sharing their goals in their recent posts however I think it is a great way to hold myself accountable. So, I guess you could say this post is a little more for me this week than it is for you guys hahaha. But hey, I’m getting real real with my goals, and taking things a little deeper than normal. With that being said I have also shared a few of my winter break outfits that I put together on some of my extra days off, so I guess it’s a win win for all of us ;). OH! And my sister gets back on the 6th! I’m so excited because she will be able to share with you guys her amazing trip to Thailand for her honeymoon, as well as we will get to celebrate the blog turning 1! All exciting things over here and we cannot WAIT to share 🙂
Without further adieu…my 2018 goals
- Be nice to me. Love me-I swear this should be so much easier than it is haha. I want to achieve my goals of becoming a full time blogger/youtuber sooooo bad that I tend to forget me, myself, and I are all on the same team. In 2018 I want to cut myself a little more slack and be more cognizant of the fact that I am doing the best I can. I want to be more patient with myself so I can decrease my stress levels and relax and live in the moment a little bit more. 2017 was the year of realization. I have grown a lot and have become a lot more confident in who I am and have definitely begun to love myself much more, however I want to be in full blown love with myself this year. Melon deserves it 🙂
2. Stop the comparing- Shit. Now it’s in writing so I have to do it right? Comparing myself to other people has always been a MAJOR thing I struggle with. I have always struggled a lot with comparing myself to not only people who are succeeding in the areas that I want to succeed in (blogger/influencers/youtubers), but also my sister. I don’t know if this holds true for other twins, but for me I see my twin as perfection. I tend to get stuck comparing my life to hers and constantly wondering if what I am doing is good enough. I have finally started blogging and creating videos for my youtube channel which is a huge step in achieving my larger goals, however I have found that with all that I have become a lot harder on myself because I have a whole new spectrum of people to compare myself to. Do I sound crazy yet? Haha probably, but I am telling you 2018 is my year to work on that. No more comparing. My journey is my journey and I’m stickin to it 🙂
3. Meditation– What’s going to help me kick these crazy habits? Meditation. It already has. I don’t meditate nearly as much as I would like, but when I do get it chance it helps immensely. Even just time in the car to talk to myself and the universe and just let the need to control go. Along with meditation, I want to journal more. I want to write about my amazing life and reflect on everything I am grateful for.
4. Let go of FOMO– laaawwwdddd if you know me then you know I am a victim of FOMO. Anyone else have a fear of missing out? I can confidently say I was able to overcome a lot of FOMO in 2017, but 2018 will be my year to kick it completely. Blogging takes a lot of time and work. Creating videos takes a lot of time and work. Doing both creates EVEN MORE work. So that means saying no to more get togethers, party nights and vacations. But if that means bringing me closer to my future goals then so be it.
5. Stay fit– when I say “stay fit” I mean all year. I am always really good at getting in shape at the end of winter and then doing well all through summer. Then October hits…and all the good habits go down the drain. Seriously. It’s like my mind goes into hibernation, and I know since the crop tops are put away for the next few months I can go ham, and I literally do lol. I usually fall off at the gym and my eating habits get wayyyy to lenient. I call it my winter 10 because I literally gain around 10lbs per winter and then, like clockwork, lose it by May. This year I want to commit to saying goodbye to the winter 10, and maintaining my consistent weight throughout the winter. I am not going to be super strict during the holidays or anything, but just committing to keeping up at the gym, and not completely losing all progress that I made in the past months is my goal.
6. Grow my YouTube channel– Honestly YouTube for me is just another way for me to express myself. I get a lot of positive feedback on my snap chat and IG stories so I felt like why not bring my personality to a platform that I could potentially get paid from. You feel me? With YouTube you need a minimum of 10,000 views on your page before you can use Adsense to get paid off your videos. So for me, I see that as a kick in the butt to get ta postin and get to growin! I have learned that in the blogging/content creation field of things your income never comes from only one source. It is up to you to brand yourself in as many ways possible, and for me YouTube is a very natural outlet. Not to mention making videos is just another way for me to express my creativity. Since I have committed to creating a channel, I have had so much fun and I absolutely CANNOT wait to see where it will take me.
7. Saving money– BAH! This one really bites me in the ass. I mean it’s quite self-explanatory really. It is what it is. Melon needs to get her shit together, and be a little more of an adult and save some money.
So there it is! There ya have it! My heart and soul on your screen haha jk. I just felt like I have seen so many generic New Year’s goals that I might as well be honest and transparent with you all and let you know its ok to admit that you’re working on yourself. You don’t have to pretend to be strong and to have it all together ALL the time. We’re human. Admitting and realizing things need to be changed is the hardest, but most important part. So let’s do it! Let’s take 2018 head on and show it what were all about! Happy New Year’s and cheers to bettering ourselves and our year!
Hope you guys have an amazing week!
Pink Faux Fur Coat Outfit
Boots- similar here
Camo Jacket Outfit
Beanie- I’m pretty sure I got mine from a gas station haha, but there is a similar here
Trench Coat Outfit
Turtle Neck- similar here