Hey guys were back! So sorry we were so MIA for so long! We have had a MIllION things going on, but it was all so worth it because nowwwww Alanzo’s married! Yep! Everyone meet the new Mrs. Alana Malpica!!! With that being said we still have have tons going on. This weekend us and the boys are taking a couples trip to celebrate Alana and Ivan’s mini-moon! We’re so lame we know, but how could we pass up a chance to go to the Halloween capital of the world together? YEP were going to Halloween Horror nights at Universal Studios, Florida! But it doesn’t end there! We are also going to be drinking around the world at Epcot, Disney World! Don’t worry there will be pics of the wedding and the mini-moon to come, but in the mean time we figured we would give you a refresher of our chili recipe just in case you forgot!
So since we have a ton of packing to do we are going to keep this post short and simple. We post this chili recipe awhile back when we first launched the blog. Since then it has still remained our go to chili recipe. This chili is absolutely perfect for a brisk fall evening with some French bread and nice glass of cabernet. So treat yoself. You wont regret it 😉
1/2 large onion
1 chopped green pepper
1 lb ground turkey
2 tbsp garlic
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
2 packet McCormicks chili seasoning packets
1 can of kidney beans
1 can chili beans
(You can add as many beans as you like really)
1 can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chilis
1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
1 can corn
Cheese -for garnish
Sour cream- for garnish
Baguette- for dipping
1. In medium sauce pan, sauté onions and green peppers on medium heat until soft, then add garlic and sauté for another 5 minutes on low heat. Season veggies with garlic and onion powder.
2. Add ground turkey to chili pot and cook on medium heat until turkey is browned. Drain access oil.
3. Add garlic, onion, and green pepper to the ground turkey in the chili pot. Add the remaining ingredients into the chili pot as well. DO NOT DRAIN any of the cans. Add all the beans, tomatoes, corn complete with juices.
4. Add the chili seasoning packets. Add seasonings at your own discretion. We personally like very flavorful chili so we add all of both packets.
5. Cook on low heat for 45 min. TIP** the longer you let the chili simmer the better it will be. Great things take time people. Let those flavors marinate.
6. Toast Baguette for dipping, and top with sour cream and cheese!!